Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Grow - Age - Learn - Reach Out

Grow - Age - Learn - Reach Out


As a very creative and unusual woman of 75 years of age I would like to share some strategies for all women to enhance our life experience as we age gracefully.When I was moving into my 30s and 40s you may all remember the negative thoughts and comments that were made by women as they approached those ten year markers, actually I still hear those comments.I decided to consciously seek out women who were already in their 30s, 40s, and 50s that had already experienced those so-called scary things that were supposed to happen.I find that people were surprised that they went on with their lives, and wondered why they had even even thought about there being a problem about becoming 30, 40 or 50.Life experiences and challenges come to us at any age of of life and these were the things shared, not becoming any particular age.I continued this all the way up until I became 69.I must admit that all the other changes of decades did not bother me.However, when I hit 69 there was a very different feeling that I had about becoming 70.I decided to act proactively and get as much information aging aging and "getting older" as I could.I selected a Life Coach.We worked together on the question, "what next" for two months.I also got a therapist which I saw every two weeks just to get a feeling for the very real changes that I might experience as an older person.Losing friends and family, learning to take even better care of myself, choosing only people to have as friends and activities that really made me joyful and fulfilled.I still see a therapist once a quarter, just to check in and make sure I'm doing everything I can to live the best life I can.Another thought. Do not under any circumstances, with younger people, use the following phrases, it used to be, I remember when, things aren't the way they use to be.Wait till you're asked about a particular era - you'll be surprised as to how interested younger people will be in your life.At 75 I decided to make a film, now I've never made a film before, so talk about a challenge! Wow! Its a documentary about the adults who were children during WWII of which I am one.Know that there is always a do-over for everyone.Actually each new day is an opportunity to change and enhance your life.My wish for everyone reading this. "Live inspired and Walk in Beauty".

Grow - Age - Learn - Reach Out



0 comments:

Post a Comment